Please come join us for the annual TAMU Physics of Quantum Electronics Follow-on Workshop. The two day event includes lots of physics, food, and fun. Everyone is welcome. All talks will be given in the Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering (5th floor of the Mitchell Physics Building).
Technical Program (Final)
To submit speaker information please complete the Speaker Registration Form:
Speaker Registration Form (deadline has passed)
Speakers who have already registered
The symposium dinner will be held the evening of January 15, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at C&J Barbeque located at 1010 South Texas Avenue
Bryan, Texas (just past the bend and on the left). Please RSVP for the dinner if you have not already done so in order to ensure enough goodies will
be available. PLEASE RSVP by 12 noon on Friday, January 11, 2013.
Dinner RSVP Attendance Only (deadline has passed)
Dinner RSVP Regrets Only (deadline has passed)
Current Dinner RSVP Attendance List
Traveling to TAMU
Getting to TAMU
Most folks fly directly into College Station, TX (airport code CLL). American Airlines services College Station, TX via Dallas, TX (airport code: DFW). United Airlines services College Station, TX via Houston, TX (airport code: IAH).
Some visitor have been known to fly into Houston, TX or Austin, TX and then drive to College Station, TX. The drive is about 110-120 miles (2 -2.5 hours). Please check the map before embarking on the adventure of driving since there are no interstates connecting College Station, TX to the outside world.
- Paid visitor parking is available across the street from the Mitchell Institute (round building) in the Northside Parking Garage.
- Parking permits for ground lots (e.g., lots 47, 51, etc.) are also available. To pick up parking permits, please park in the Mitchell Physics Building (rectangular building) loading dock with flashers on while picking permits. Permits can be picked up
- On non-symposium days: in Room 562 of the Mitchell Physics Building (rectangular building)
- On symposium days: at the Registration Table set up in Hall outside IQSE 578 of the Mitchell Physics Building.
- Do not park, come get the permit, and return to hang permit in parked car or you will be ticketed by University Police.
- For those whom the Institute has made hotel reservations for, parking permits with parking maps will be left for your at the hotel for you to receive at check-in.
Reimbursement of Travel Expenses
If TAMU is reimbursing your travel expenses please contact IQSE Accounting with any questions you may have regarding what is needed to get reimbursed BEFORE expense is incurred in order to ensure maximum reimbursement possible.
- Keep all receipts
- Make sure all receipts are itemized, in your name, and show proof of payment
- Note: personal items can not be reimbursed
- Note: extra luggage fees (i.e., cost for having more than one bag) need to be approved in advance
- Need quotes: If you are combining your travel with other travel, please be sure to get a quote for the expense had the expense been incurred if only TAMU business was conducted. For example, in the case of airfare, get a quote for the cost of a plane ticket had a plane ticket been purchased for TAMU business travel only. Quotes are important because TAMU will only reimburse the lesser of the two (i.e., the quote or actual expense).
- If someone is traveling with you, please know our accounts can not pay for additional cost incurred as a result of a second person being present, i.e., please get a signed statement from the hotel where you are staying indicating whether there was any additional expense incurred as a result of a second person being in the room. Most folks simply have the hotel employee write on the itemized receipt at check out that "no additional expense (or whatever the case may be) was incurred for the presence of the second person" and have the hotel employee sign and date the statement. Failure to get the statement at check-out can create delays in processing of your reimbursement request.
- If you are a foreigner traveling on a visitor visa or visa waiver program, you passport/I-94 card MUST be stamped business (i.e., B1 or W-B) when you go through customs in order for us to be able to reimburse your expenses.
Contact for more information